Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Week 12

 I personally believe that Voice Thread is unnecessary. It does not seem to be useful for anything other than people that are bored and looking for new ways to use technology. It's like a blog where they have replaced the writing with words. I could see potential for using it for educational purposes though because projects could have others' input that includes tone of voice to show whether or not they are really sincere or sarcastic. Sometimes a student may need to actually hear the approval of others to build upon their work.

I do not think that I would use this for my lesson plan. I do not see the point in voice threads at all. It seems like something that I might do at home if I was really bored and had exhausted all of my other options. Another reason I would not use it in my lesson plan is because I am doing mine on physical education. Voice thread may be beneficial in lesson plans having to do with art, photography or something along those lines, but I could not think of one way that this would benefit a physical education lesson plan.

I might use it in a real classroom, but I highly doubt it. I honestly can't see the benefit of this program, especially for educational purposes. I feel like the only reason we were made to look at voice thread in this class is to show how useless it would be in the world of education, but that is just my opinion.

Conclusively, I do not like the program and cannot see myself using it in the future for any reason what so ever. Maybe someone can change my mind and show me how this could be beneficial to education, but I just don't see it happening.


What's a voicethread anyway. (2007). [Web]. Retrieved from http://voicethread.com/?#q

1 comment:

  1. I have to agree... even if I said I liked it in my blog. after reading this I realized I use something like it for one of my online classes and it does not work well at all.

    EW

    ReplyDelete