Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Week 3 Assignment

I had no idea that a program like Inspiration even existed! All of the information from the Inspiration and Webspiration Classroom videos is new to me. It could be very useful when you need to diagram all of your loose ideas and to organize thoughts. The Webspiration Classroom seems like an equally exciting and fun way to learn with technology.


I am going to be teaching much younger children than what these programs were designed for, but they could help especially with research papers in older grades and for taking and organizing notes. Having students do peer review and offer suggestions to each other could save time, and the teacher could also offer suggestions and praise existing peer review. The first time I taught a new subject I tried to be as familiar with it as possible, but teaching the subject helps you to have a better understanding.


I believe that this technology could be very useful to students. The thing I liked the most about the programs was how the outline of the paper could be changed to diagram view. People learn in different ways, so the different views could really help some kids.










Inspiration Software (2011, February 2). Inspiration videos and webcasts for
    using visual learning in your classroom [Video file]. Retrieved from
    http://www.inspiration.com/videos/Inspiration



Inspiration Software (2011, February 2). Webspiration classroom service:

   Improve writing and thinking skills [Video file]. Retrieved from 

   http://www.inspiration.com/webspirationclassroom



Jonassen, D., Howland, J., Marra, R., & Crismond, D.(2008). Meaningful

    Learning with Technology (3rd ed.). Columbus, OH:
    Pearson.



3 comments:

  1. Hi Aimee,

    I'm happy to hear you've discovered Inspiration and Webspiration Classroom! I think they're great programs that help me to organize my thinking and writing.

    While you're getting to know them better, I encourage you to check out our blog at www.inspiration.com/blog for more ideas about education and visual learning. Here, you'll aslo find some great resources while you begin to create lesson plans and examples.

    I'd love to connect with you on our blog, Facebook or Twitter. Feel free to email me at connect(at)inspiration.com as well.

    Thanks for mentioning us!

    Sarah Cargill, Inspiration Software
    inspiration.com/blog
    facebook.com/InspirationSoftware
    twitter.com/InspirationSW

    ReplyDelete
  2. This program does seem like a very helpful tool for writing. I would even use it myself to write my own papers! Maybe the younger students would be too young to create their own diagrams but it could be helpful if you made some visual aids and handed them out to your students. Just a thought. :)

    Cristy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aimee,

    I totally agree with you that teaching helps us better understand the sunjects. :)

    I like technology and I am glad that I am teaching this class. :)

    Thanks,

    CK

    ReplyDelete